Welcome to the AP Lab!
In the AP lab we work on developing methods to enhance perception of computer generated images. Novel visualization techniques, display devices and interaction paradigms are explored to enrich the users experience in specific scenarios and workflows. Current research topics include:
- Augmented reality visualization
- Enhancing depth perception of computer generated images
- Interaction techniques for better understanding of rendered images
- Medical image processing and visualization
- Adaptive Computer-Generated Voice Interfaces
- Auditory displays
The AP Lab’s research on augmented reality in neurosurgery was featured in Le Devoir.
Check out Dr. Kersten-Oertel’s talk at the Concordia Chancellor’s Builders Circle and Friends Dinner!
Check out Dr. J Plazak’s article on “Guiding clinicians with sound…” in the Sept/Oct issue of ISCAS blog & newsletter!