Welcome to the AP Lab!
In the AP Lab, we believe that creating an atmosphere that is inclusive of socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender, religion, and ethnicity brings a variety of opinions to the table and in turn generates better, more creative science. More diverse voices ensure that the scientific and technological advancements we work on can profit all members of society. We strive to ensure that the composition of the AP Lab and the collaborations we foster reflect the diversity that exists in our society. We aim to create a culture of equality that we believe makes our lab stronger, more innovative and better placed to solve problems that will benefit society as a whole and not specific individuals.
In the AP Lab we work on developing methods to enhance perception of computer generated images. Novel visualization techniques, display devices and interaction paradigms are explored to enrich the users experience in specific scenarios and workflows. Current research topics include:
- Augmented reality visualization
- Enhancing depth perception of computer generated images
- Interaction techniques for better understanding of rendered images
- Medical image processing and visualization
- Auditory displays and data signification
- Gaze-based interaction and eye-tracking
- Study of push notifications on exercise motivation
- Gamification for studying different visualization techniques
- Federated and machine learning in medical imaging