Welcome to the AP Lab!
In the AP lab we work on developing methods to enhance perception of computer generated images. Novel visualization techniques, display devices and interaction paradigms are explored to enrich the users experience in specific scenarios and workflows. Current research topics include:
- Augmented reality visualization
- Enhancing depth perception of computer generated images
- Interaction techniques for better understanding of rendered images
- Medical image processing and visualization
- Adaptive Computer-Generated Voice Interfaces
- Visualizing Sound Source Size
Check out Dr. Kersten-Oertel’s talk at the Concordia Chancellor’s Builders Circle and Friends Dinner!
Check out Dr. J Plazak’s article on “Guiding clinicians with sound…” in the Sept/Oct issue of ISCAS blog & newsletter!
Congratulations to M. Kersten-Oertel et al. on their paper “The state of the art of visualization in mixed reality image-guided surgery” which is one of the 5 most highly cited papers published in Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics during 2014, 2015 and up until June 2016.