I’m a Ph.D. student in the applied perception lab. My previous experience is in computational geometry, specifically automatic detection of intersection on parametric surfaces. My primary focus now is on building new augmented reality visualization techniques to facilitate surgical interventions.
I have recently built a prototype tablet application communicating through OpenIGTLink to the IbisNeuronav system to generate an overlay of pre-segmented structures with the real-time camera view . The application has been tested on iOS with Ibis, but it should also work in conjunction with Slicer and with minor changes could run on Android devices as well.
- Léger, É., Gueziri, H. E., Collins, D. L., Popa, T., & Kersten-Oertel, M. (2021). Evaluation of Low-Cost Hardware Alternatives for 3D Freehand Ultrasound Reconstruction in Image-Guided Neurosurgery. In International Workshop on Advances in Simplifying Medical Ultrasound 106-115. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-87583-1_11
- Léger, É., Reyes, J., Drouin, S., Popa, T., Hall, J. A., Collins, D. L., Kersten-Oertel, M. (2020). MARIN: an Open Source Mobile Augmented Reality Interactive Neuronavigation System, International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 15(6), 1013–1021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-020-02155-6 PDF (preprint)
- Léger É., Vassallo, R. Popa, T., Peters T., Xiao, Y., Kersten-Oertel, M. A prototype for hemodynamic analysis in neurosurgery implemented on a mobile augmented reality system. CARS 2020 — Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery Proceedings of the 34th International Congress and Exhibition, Munich, Germany, June 23–27, (2020): 15(1) Supplement, S91-S92. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-020-02171-6
- Léger, É., Reyes, J., Drouin, S., Collins, D. L., Popa, T., & Kersten-Oertel, M. (2018). Gesture-based registration correction using a mobile augmented reality image-guided neurosurgery system. Healthcare Technology Letters, 5(5), 137-142.
- Léger, É., Drouin, S., Collins, D. L., Popa, T., & Kersten-Oertel, M. (2017). Quantifying attention shifts in augmented reality image-guided neurosurgery. Healthcare Technology Letters, 4(5), 188–192. https://doi.org/10.1049/htl.2017.0062
- Bischoff, A. R., Pokhvisneva, I., Léger, É., Gaudreau, H., Steiner, M., Kennedy, J. L., O’Donnell, K. J., Diorio, J., Meaney, M. J., Silveira, P. P. (2017). Dynamic interaction between fetal adversity and a genetic score reflecting dopamine function on developmental outcomes at 36 months. PLoS ONE, 12(5), e0177344. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0177344
- Pokhvisneva, I., Léger, É., Meaney, M. J., & Silveira, P. P. (2017). Systematic Overestimation of reflection impulsivity in the Information Sampling Task: age dependency in children. Biological Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsych.2016.12.027