I’m a Ph.D. student in the applied perception lab. My previous experience is in computational geometry, specifically automatic detection of intersection on parametric surfaces. My primary focus now is on building new augmented reality visualization techniques to facilitate surgical interventions.
I have recently built a prototype tablet application communicating through OpenIGTLink to the IbisNeuronav system to generate an overlay of pre-segmented structures with the real-time camera view . The application has been tested on iOS with Ibis, but it should also work in conjunction with Slicer without any changes and with minor changes could run on Android devices as well.
- Léger, É., Reyes, J., Drouin, S., Popa, T., Hall, J. A., Collins, D. L., Kersten-Oertel, M. (2020). MARIN: an Open Source Mobile Augmented Reality Interactive Neuronavigation System, International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-020-02155-6.
- Léger, É., Reyes, J., Drouin, S., Collins, D. L., Popa, T., & Kersten-Oertel, M. (2018). Gesture-based registration correction using a mobile augmented reality image-guided neurosurgery system. Healthcare Technology Letters, 5(5), 137-142.
- Léger, É., Drouin, S., Collins, D. L., Popa, T., & Kersten-Oertel, M. (2017). Quantifying attention shifts in augmented reality image-guided neurosurgery. Healthcare Technology Letters, 4(5), 188–192. https://doi.org/10.1049/htl.2017.0062
- Bischoff, A. R., Pokhvisneva, I., Léger, É., Gaudreau, H., Steiner, M., Kennedy, J. L., O’Donnell, K. J., Diorio, J., Meaney, M. J., Silveira, P. P. (2017). Dynamic interaction between fetal adversity and a genetic score reflecting dopamine function on developmental outcomes at 36 months. PLoS ONE, 12(5), e0177344. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0177344
- Pokhvisneva, I., Léger, É., Meaney, M. J., & Silveira, P. P. (2017). Systematic Overestimation of reflection impulsivity in the Information Sampling Task: age dependency in children. Biological Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsych.2016.12.027